In our DNA as humans are the “Need to Succeed” or to project Success, no one wants to be a failure. No one wants to be a disappointment or a family disaster and worse a castaway!
But what does it mean to succeed, or what is Success? We cannot all be president of the country, we cannot all be celebrities, we might not all be able to rise to the top of our company, however, we all succeed in our own ways.
The answer is yes, we can all succeed in our way.
The old definition of success – successful people were people who had “big” jobs and earned tons of money.
Non-fake success has to do with the power you build in yourself, a power that no one conferred on you and no one can take away from you.
You could tell the successful people apart from everybody else by their clothes, their cars, their houses and other material things.
If you have an important job and a huge house but you die of a heart attack at a young age due to stress, could anyone still call you successful?
No, not at all.
If you have tons of money, exotic cars, big massive house, but no family to share those special moments with, could anyone still call you successful?
No, not at all. Especially in this part of the world.
If you have a massive bank account and people on call to tend to your every need but you have no relationships with your own kids because your career is everything to you, are you successful?
Most people would say “No!”
We are going to discuss five signs you are already successful, whether you have tons of money, a so-so job or no job at all.
Remember, success according to Liz Ryan is not about the things that other people have given you — things like fancy job titles, company cars, big salaries, massive expense budgets and corner offices. More degrees don’t make you more successful. A better house address doesn’t make you more successful.
Signs Your Hustle Is Paying Off
1. You are successful if you call the shots in your career. If you have a fancy job but you’re afraid to tell your boss the truth because he or she might not like it, you are not successful yet! So double your hustle!
2. You are successful if you know what you bring to employers and/or clients that helps them become successful themselves. If you let other people tell you what you should be doing in your career, you are not successful yet. So double your hustle!
3. You are successful when you know how to find your backbone and your vocal cords and speak up when it’s appropriate. If you keep your mouth shut at work when a more self-confident person would speak, you are not successful yet. So double your hustle!
4. You are successful when you give yourself permission to dream as big as you want. When you have a vision for your own life and are taking steps toward it — no matter how small the steps are or how long it might take you to reach that vision — you are already successful. Otherwise, double your hustle!
5. If you have people around whom you love and who love you back, you are successful. You can always get another job if one job goes away. Your career status at any moment does not mean a lot. Your state of mind, your belief in yourself and your passion for your own values mean everything! Otherwise, double your hustle!
Do you agree with this definition of success, or you think otherwise, kindly drop your thoughts below.
BTW, having that ton of money in your account is a lifeline likely to help you get a new house in case your annoying landlord is pissing you off or your car suddenly stops on your way to an appointment – (don’t you love to just walk away from that annoying car and into Coscharis ), so in all your getting my friend get the money too – at least 70% of the time, helps your success confidence level.